"Destination wedding"; "Seat on the NYSE is license to steal"

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 15 17:55:50 UTC 2006

I discussed "destination wedding" on ADS-L a while ago. I was getting married...
In the New York Post, June 15th, pg. 50, John Crudele ("Taking Stock") discusses Ken Langone's crack that a seat on the New York Stock Exchange historically has meant "a license to steal." Langone said this is an "old saying."
I don't have the Historical WSJ handy, or any other databases. Check "seat" and "stock exchange" and "license to steal" or "print money." Any cites?
(GOOGLE)
Agitator.com: Grasso: Comments ... that Dick's pay is fair and reasonable,'" said Kenneth G. Langone, ... It is, quite simply, "a license to steal." (Excuse my rhetoric, as even its ...
www.theagitator.com/archives/008455.php - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

21st Century Options Hotline: The Single-Stock Futures Revolution A friend of mine who owns a seat on the New York Stock Exchange has bragged to me for years that he "has a license to steal." ...
www.21stcenturyoptions.com/ page/tco/order/pub107.html?y=tdf0015 - 21k -