Contraction in comparatives

Ed Keer edkeer at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 19 16:10:43 UTC 2006

Wilson,

I have the exact same judgements, so at least it
confirms that I am not losing it.

It doesn't sound like the Everly Bros. need to fit the
line to the meter. FWIW Johnny Cash also sings it this
way on his posthumous Unearthed boxed set.
The song is originally by Jimmie Rodgers, but I have
not been able to find out if the lyric I'm interested
in is in his version.

Ed