dialects

Bill Le May blemay0 at MCHSI.COM
Thu Jun 22 11:52:26 UTC 2006

NPR's Steve Inskeep interviewed linguist Frank Beard on June 20th on Morning
Edition.  You can listen to it here:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5496546

At about 3:47 into the interview, Beard states "Once you get [westward] past
Ohio there are no accents."

I have no idea what differentiates an accent versus dialect and will watch
any comments with interest.

Bill Le May