dialects

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 23 17:22:59 UTC 2006

On the Net, where else?  Anybody who's truly anybody has their own website, no ?

  JL

Beverly Flanigan <flanigan at OHIO.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Beverly Flanigan
Subject: Re: dialects

I didn't hear the original interview, but the assertion in question was
repeated on NPR this morning, and Beard sounded pretty categorical on "no
accents" in the West (who IS he anyway, and how does NPR find these
people?). The clip was just background for two responses, both of which
were equally naive. (One said something like "How refreshing that
linguists are looking at something other than diphthongs and the position
of the tongue.")

http://mail.yahoo.com