Q: Pupil of the eye as the most expansive male organ

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jun 24 15:16:06 UTC 2006

At 6/24/2006 10:12 AM, JL wrote:
>You're right about "fleck," etc.  But "firetruck" was the answer.
>
>   I'll bet the stipulation was "ends in -UCK."

Or "starts with F and ends with -UCK"?  There are too many
four-letter words just ending with -UCK.

>   That would make "firetruck" the only possible answer - assuming
> the "other" F-word is "not a word."

The only five-letter word is fluck.   The only six-letter word is
flouck.  Seven-letter words are fee-buck, fen-duck, and
funduck.  Eight-letter words are fly-stuck, fool-duck, and
fore-luck.  (Lots of funny-sounding words.)  There are a few
nine-letter compounds.  And firetruck is not in OED2!

Joel