Q: Pupil of the eye as the most expansive male organ

Mon Jun 26 12:07:34 UTC 2006

Joel complained:

> > And firetruck is not in OED2!

And I replied:

>All right, but we weren't exactly looking in OED2 for our vocabulary in
>high school in the sixties.

Joel clarifies:

This was not a complaint about tittering teenagers with gutter minds,
but about the OED.
<<<

Ah. But I never seriously thought that "firetruck" was in any dictionary. To
me the expression was always two words, which some weirdos might hiyphenate
but that nobody would ever write solid. I saw that part of it as just a
reach, to make the joke work.

(Memory bubble reaching the surface: Was the celebrity in the rumor Soupy
Sales?)

m a m