Minnesota "come with"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 27 22:56:54 UTC 2006

You're right, arnold. We have had this discussion before. My own
contribution was to note the use of "come with," etc. in Northern
California, but only among friends whose parents had migrated to
Sacramento from the Greater Minneapolis area. They made a big deal out
of using it as a cool way of speaking, but I found it annoying. My
wife, a native of Pennsylvania, occasionally uses it. I still find it
annoying, but I haven't mentioned that to her. That's a sleeping dog
that I choose to let lie. :-)

-Wilson