digital immigrants

Thu Jun 29 15:14:20 UTC 2006

This is part of a email circulated among the librarians here:

***  However, some users -- i.e. our "digital immigrants" -- may not
immediately notice that issue.  If you get questions referring to that
e-mail in the immediate future, you may wish to keep this admonition
in mind.  I learned about that wonderful euphemism "digital immigrant" i.e.
those users who did not grow up in a digital environment, at ALA.
Given the current political environment I had to glance around the
room before I started chuckling, lest I make a xenophobic gaffe.

GAT

George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much lately.