"That being..."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 30 19:10:19 UTC 2006

I agree with Jon that "long story short" is an oldie. For some reason
that I'm unable to dig out ot my subconscious, I find "long story
short" to be basically okay, whereas "as far as" and "that being" -
I'm with A: never heard it before; any luck, never hear it again - are
annoying. As for Larry's "be that," to paraphrase MC Hammer's backup
singers, "Please, Larry! Don't hurt me!" :-)

But I gotta admit that, if Larry really was to succeed in spreading it
 around, it would nut me up / knot me up / crack me up / tickle me
pink(?)!

-Wilson