Zillowing

Wed Mar 1 04:00:02 UTC 2006

Zillow.com is a new website that allows you to enter a street address
and get a free estimate of the house's selling price. (It's in
beta-testing, being offered to selected markets.) Looks like it's the
new "Googling"...

-----
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-daum18feb18,0,7338087.column
LA Times, 2/18/06
"Zillowing hits you where you live"
I also found myself Zillowing a number of ex's, their ex's and the
women they dated after they broke up with me. ... "Keep Zillowing!"
some Beelzebub whispered in my ear, even as I tried to get up and go
to bed.
-----
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060222/BUSINESS/602220417
Herald-Tribune (Fla.), 2/22/06
"Forget Googling; we need to Zillow our house"
For real estate obsessed America, a new noun has entered the lexicon
without any obvious etymology other than high-tech cool.
[Seems like the verb is more significant than the noun, but whatever.]

--Ben Zimmer