Eggcorn: illegible?

Fri Mar 3 15:07:03 UTC 2006

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an eggcorn or not, but it is a solecism in
the same neighborhood and not quite a malapropism, it seems to me. the
following was sent from the Dke University Faculty Arts and Sciences Council
Executive Committee to the Council members (3rd paragraph; I'm not talking about the
comma splice, which is sic):

Kathy Peterson has notified you if you are up for re-election. Please take an
active role within your unit helping to select your new representative. Your
unit will get a slate of every illegible person, please take time during the
next faculty meeting to nominate a couple of people who will be in residence
and are will to serve.