A new use of "duh?"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Mar 7 03:27:48 UTC 2006

At 10:03 PM -0500 3/6/06, Wilson Gray wrote:
>You can't catch me every time, Lar. I mea-culpa'd and made the necessary
>correction several hours ago. Nah nah nah nah naah nah! ;-)
>
>-Wilson

Ah, indeed.  The culpa is mea; sorry about the e-mailatio praecox.
On the other hand, I will still stake the claim, until disproved, to
have written the first linguistics dissertation (1972) to include a
treatment of "X doesn't know shit from Shinola" (Chapter 3, fn. 13),
even if I don't provide nearly as systematic an algorithm as you did
for distinguishing the two products in question.

LH