A new use of "duh?"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 7 15:42:42 UTC 2006

Trying to pin down the origin of slang is enough to bring a grown man to
tears. I've never heard or read "No shit, Dick Tracy," before today. And
"don't know jack shit" is, to me, relatively new. I don't think that I ever
heard it before the late '60's, if then. But "No shit (Sherlock)" is an old
friend, though I can't remember anything for certain one way or the other re
"When did you get the [first] clue?"

-Wilson Gray