"Lipstick on a caterpillar" (U.S. Ambassador John Bolton)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 14 16:49:07 UTC 2006

One of the most "colorful" phrases of 2006 was when U.S. Ambassador John
Bolton said that you can't put lipstick on a caterpillar and call it a  butterfly.
See the ADS-L archives for "lipstick on a donkey" and "lipstick on a pig"
and "lipstick on a frog" and "rouge on a colored girl."
(GOOGLE NEWS)
_Who's looking out for human rights abuses all around the  world?_
(http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2006/022006/02132006/166439)
The Free  Lance-Star, VA -  <NOBR>Feb 1
... But as Mr. Bolton so vividly puts it: "We want a  butterfly. We're not
going to put lipstick on a caterpillar and  declare it a success.". ...
_Plans for a new UN Human Rights Council_
(http://www.economist.com/world/na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=5577499)
Economist, UK -  <NOBR>Mar 2,
WE WANT a butterfly, John  Bolton, America's ambassador to the UN, insisted
earlier this year: We don't  intend to put lipstick on a caterpillar and call
it a  ...
_A caterpillar with lipstick_
(http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssentinel/news/editorial/13980909.htm)
Fort Wayne News Sentinel, IN -   <NOBR>Feb
... about fake reform.  "We want a butterfly," he said. "We're not going to
put lipstick  on a caterpillar and declare it a success.".
    _Moment of decision nearing on UN rights  council_
(http://in.today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2006-03-14T144107Z_01_NOOTR
_RTRJONC_0_India-240534-1.xml&archived=False)
Reuters  India, India -  <NOBR>7 ho
... "Better to continue to try to get our butterfly  than to accept this
caterpillar with lipstick on it," US Ambassador  John Bolton said on Friday. ...
(GOOGLE)

_The UN's Human Rights Council | A caterpillar in  lipstick ..._
(http://www.economist.com/world/na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=5577499)
WE WANT a butterfly, John Bolton, America's  ambassador to the UN, insisted
earlier this year: We don't intend to put  lipstick on a caterpillar and call
it a ...
www.economist.com/world/  na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=5577499 - _Similar
pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.economist.com/world/na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=5577499)
<NO
<NO
_Chicago Tribune | A caterpillar with  lipstick_
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0602260384feb26,0,3352442.story?coll=chi-newsopinion-hed)
    "We want a butterfly," he said. "We're  not going to put lipstick on a
caterpillar and declare it a  success." Looks like we have a caterpillar. ...
www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/
chi-0602260384feb26,0,3352442.story?coll=chi-newsopinion-hed -  _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0602260384feb26,0
,3352442.story?coll=chi-newsopinion-hed)