"stinkfinger"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 16 07:07:43 UTC 2006

Well, there's certainly no semantic connection between "Stinkefinger" and
"stankfang-uh" that I can see, after reading the article. It's an
interesting coincidence that both German and BE treat
_finger_ the same way: [fVN@], as opposed to sE [fINgr] / [fINg@]. In BE,
it's called simply "(giving someone) the finger." I was ca.35y.o. before I
ever heard "(shooting someone) the bird" from a white colleague, who had to
explain it to me.

IAC, allow me to explain: "to play at stinkfinger" is to use one's middle
finger to masturbate a girl, then, at some later time, to wave that finger
under the noses of one's cut-buddiies in order to demonstrate to them that
one has "strong conversation": the ability to talk a girl into allowing one
to fisticate with her genitalia, despite knowing that one is going to tell
all one's friennds about it.

-Wilson