"Hautels" (haute hotel)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 22 00:28:52 UTC 2006

(GOOGLE NEWS)
_Jet-Set 'Hautels'_ (http://www.nysun.com/article/29453)
New York Sun, NY -  <NOBR>18 hour
By JAMES GARDNER. Is it Vikram Chatwal,  creator of Time, Dream, and now
Night Hotel near Times Square, whom we have to  thank for coining the term
"hautel"? ...
21 March 2006, New York Sun, pg. 13, col. 4:
_ARCHITECTURE_
_Jet-Set "Hautels"_
By JAMES GARDNER
Is it Vikram Chatwel, creator of Time, Dream, and now Night Hotel  near Times
Square, whom we have to thank for coining the term "hautel"? Sheer  genius!
I confess I laughed out loud when I heard it for the first time.  That one
portmanteau word sums up a whole jet-set crowd that, Mr. Chatwal is  betting,
will feel quite at home in his sundry establishments.
Surely I don't have to tell you that the "haute" refers to  "couture," and
that Mr. Chatwal's three hotels in Midtown aspire to sell the  supermodel
mystique to the expanding universe of people who care about such  things. Nor should
you be surprised to learn that this hotelier used to date the  model Gisele
Bundchen.