army ranks

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Wed Mar 29 16:04:28 UTC 2006

At dinner last night someone asked me if there was a term for words used to
refer to objects that one could not remember or did not know the name of,
words like "thingee", "watchamacallit", "doohickey", etc.

I was at a loss. Is there a word for such terms?

--Dave Wilton
  dave at

The American Dialect Society -

More information about the Ads-l mailing list