Greek food & drink (from Santorini)

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 10 18:41:37 UTC 2006

Greetings again from Santorini. From various beach restaurants here:
CHICAGO ICE CREAM--This is seen all over. I believe I described it in a previous vacation (see ADS-L archives). It's chocoalte ice cream with chocolate sauce.
GREECE 2004 (cocktail)--this Olympic drink is "gin, liqeur banana, blue cuacao, lemon, cream.
CHICKEN FILLET WITH ZORBA'S SAUCE--Zorba's sauce? "Onion, parsley, peppers, tomato sauce, rice, baked potato."
GREECE SANDWICH--feta, olives, origan, tomato, olive oil.
"TAKOS"--crisp bread with fresh tomato, feta cheese and parsley.
GIOUVETSI--pasta baked with meat.
PAPOUTSAKIA--fried potatoes, eggplants with minced meat, bechamel. (OED?)
SOUTSOUKAKIA--meatballs.
BRANTADA ("traditional Santorini" fish)--codfish fillet with tomato sauce and garlic.
DAKOS--cretan rusk with feta and tomato.
SANTORINI SALAD--Santorini's tomatoes, vegetables, feta cheese.
NICHTERI SALAD
TIROKALTERI--cheese salad with red peppers.
SCALLOPINE MEXICAN WOMAN
FILET BEEF MEXICAN WOMAN
HAMBURGER MEXICAN WOMAN--One restaurant had all three of these. "Mexican Woman"??