positive anymore

Thu May 18 16:44:18 UTC 2006

Speaking of positive "anymore" (as we were a few weeks ago), did anyone note
the brief note in American Speech in 1931 (6.5, p460) by Kemp Malone? Malone
says that he had never heard of it, but a reader reported it from West Virginia
and says it is heard not merely from "shopgirls" but from "teachers."

You can access the article through JSTOR and download it as a pdf file.

I don't think that ADS-L will let me send it as an attached file.