Judge Mathis, again

Fri May 19 03:51:41 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> White female speaker, mid to late twenties:
>
> "She stole my rent money, smoked up my weed, slept with my boy
> friends," etc., etc. "She just _juiced_ me."
>
> This use of "juice" is new to me. So, I went to the source. The Rap
> Dictionary yielded the tautology:
>
> "To squeeze the juice out of."
>
> However, it also supplied the following cite:
>
> "You can't juice Ice Cube, girl!" -- N.W.A. (I Ain't The One [1988])
>
> Hence, I have altered the definition to read:
>
> "To take advantage of someone."

Some related definitions for "juiced" from Urban Dictionary (the last
one takes a charmingly prescriptivist turn):

-----
The act of Stealing someone's property by force or suprise.
Jose just got Juiced by that black dude.
Mike got Juiced for his money.
-----
1.tricked or decieved into thinking one thing but getting something else
Man Joe sayed he was gonna make my cd but he juiced me bro
-----
same meaning as 'dissed', except better; means that you got made fun
of or 'got served'..except 'dissed' is not a real word, and 'getting
served' when you are being made fun of is actually the incorrect
meaning..relation:you are getting your emotions and pride squeezed out
of you when someone makes fun of you, like an orange
"OOOOOHHHHH YOU GOT JUICED!!!!!"
"JUICED!!!" (said after a diss is said to them)
"aw man she got juiced so bad because she is an extreme slut"
-----

--Ben Zimmer