positive anymore

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 19 21:39:25 UTC 2006

The first time that I heard positive anymore, I thought that the speaker, a
native Ohioan, was making a joke, so I laughed in his face. Fortunately, our
friendship had already been fully established.

As for "might could," etc., since I'm both black and a native of Texas, such
forms have always stricken me <har! har!> only as being non-standard.

-Wilson