Unlucky Camel & Dog Killers & Sleeping with elephants

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun May 21 14:42:05 UTC 2006

Greetings from Conya, Turkey. My tour guide said "icon" comes from here.
UNLUCKY CAMEL--In full, "the unlucky camel gets fucked even in the arctic." Turkish for bad luck everywhere.
DOG KILLER--Bad Turkish wine.
WHEN YOU SLEEP WITH AN ELEPHANT, YOU TURN OVER WHEN THE ELEPHANT DOES--My Canadian tourist friends said that this quote comes from Pierre Trudeau. Does Fred have it?
A HAT IS CHEAPER THAN A HEADACHE--Line used by a local hat seller. Any evidence on Google?
FULLMARKET--One roadside gas station called its shop this. OED? Like a supermarket?
TURKISH CORNER--Architecture term. OED?
ROOF--A drink served at my hotel of fruıt juıce and grenadine. Sounds a bit like a Shirley Temple.
NEWS OT: I gotta lay low here. They're killing judges!