The Charlotte Observer relays a question

Mon May 22 04:31:43 UTC 2006

On May 21, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Chris F. Waigl wrote:

>  "Is 'line ditching' a common term in the
> Union County area?"

steve hartman keiser thinks it's mostly a central ohio thing, and
that's where i first came into contact with it, though my daughter.

only three google webhits for "ditching in line", one from a
circleville (oh.) city schools site,  (the other two are not
immediately locatable.)  "line ditching" doesn't pull up anything
relevant.

"ditched in line" pulled up this, from a blog by an Ohio Univ. student:

-----
So today is going well.  In sociology with Debb I got to tell the
class how people from the Columbus Ohio area say “I ditched in line”
while everyone else says “I cut in line.”  I still think I am correct
in saying ditched but I was met by much opposition—even from Debb
herself.  Oh well.  It caused a stir at least!
-----