French Harp

hpst@earthlink.net hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 23 19:45:04 UTC 2006

I guess from the responses I have gotten almost none of you have ever heard
a harmonica called a french harp while I amost never heard it called
anything else.

I therefore can only guess that my use of the term is local and to check it
out I called up a friend of mine who runs a store which deals with folk
music and instruments including harmonicas, and Pete told me that he had
never heard of the term either.

I just never heard a harmonica called anything except a french harp when
when I was growing up in southern Illinois.

Page Stephens