Re: english, the of ficial national  language

Wed May 24 01:47:16 UTC 2006

If we can have a poet laureate, then I guess we can have a National Language
Dialect Laureate as well. Congress clearly needs to take on this project as
well. But won't you have to move back to Washington so that people can hear you
speak the model dialect in person?

It would also make sense to set up a National Academy to make sure that the
'Merkin English is kept pure. Congress needs to get on that, too. But wait ...
don't the FRENCH have something like that? Hmmmmmm. Could it be that elite
French intellectuals are really behind the National Unifying Language thing?