[Bapopik at aol.com: Fwd: FW: New Readex products at NewYorkCIty institutions]

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed May 31 17:19:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006, hpst at earthlink.net wrote:

> He certainly did not learn anything about biology, history, physics,
> chemistry, anthropology, etc.as an undergrad so as far as I am able to tell
> the Yale library didn't need to have a single book for him to graduate.

Your point here is well taken, but your points about the Cleveland Public
Library are questionable.  Judging from their website, they don't
subscribe to Early American Newspapers I, much less II & III, and they
don't subscribe to American Broadsides and Ephemera either.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS