blogger and blogess

william salmon william.salmon at YALE.EDU
Fri Nov 3 14:40:02 UTC 2006

This whole item seems quite suspect to me. I read a fair number of blogs
written and maintained by women. These range from highly political blogs
with a high degree of concern for feminist issues to apolitical knitting
and craft blogs. I can't imagine any of the women maintaining these
blogs referring to herself as anything but a blogger, even with ironic
scare quotes.

[ws]
Well, like I mentioned before, 'blogess' is nowhere near as common as
'blogger', but it certainly is present.

There are 19,500 raw Google hits for 'blogess'. (Interestingly, there are
705 raw hits for 'bloggeress'.)

Anyway, here are few sites that demonstrate what I was referring to:

A site entitled: "Blogess: blog for writing women course".
http://kriswhittaker.blogspot.com/

Author Stephanie Klein's myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/blogess

And a directly relevant blogess: