"food for..."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 3 17:15:12 UTC 2006

Thanks, Page.  It just sounded too real to be a slip of the tongue, though of course it  makes absolutely no sense.  It reminded me almost immediately of people who say, "till it becomes second hand," when they mean "second nature."

  JL

"hpst at earthlink.net" <hpst at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "hpst at earthlink.net"
Subject: Re: "food for..."

JL,

I don't know about you but "food for fodder" is a phrase I have known at
least, trying to be accurate, more than 55 years ie. since I am able to
remember almost anything.

I do not know where Gretchen who used to be an anchor woman - note the
usage - in Cleveland grew up but I learned it in southern Illinois where it
was used all the time.

Page Stephens

pre-election polls are not the same as actual election results, but are
interesting to talk about because they're "food for fodder."

> Zero Googlits, but I wonder. GC is from Minnesota.
>
> JL

> We have the perfect Group for you. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo!
Groups.