Antedating of "Windy City" & databases

Tue Nov 7 14:20:06 UTC 2006

On 11/7/06, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> At 11/6/2006 01:05 PM, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
> >Anybody get the Hartford Courant?
>
> Do you mean the Connecticut Courant of Hartford, 18th century?  Yes.

If you read through to the description Barry copied from the Proquest
site, you'll see that their coverage of the Courant extends from the
18th century all the way to the late 20th. I know that some university
libraries (like Columbia) have begun to offer the full run of the
Courant as part of their Proquest HNP subscription.

--Ben Zimmer