Antedating of "Windy City" & databases

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 7 14:34:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:

> If you read through to the description Barry copied from the Proquest
> site, you'll see that their coverage of the Courant extends from the
> 18th century all the way to the late 20th. I know that some university
> libraries (like Columbia) have begun to offer the full run of the
> Courant as part of their Proquest HNP subscription.

I have access to the Hartford Courant Historical on ProQuest.  From
extensive searching I would say it is worthless terminologically.

Fred

Associate Librarian for Collections and     YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS
   Access and Lecturer in Legal Research     Yale University Press
Yale Law School                             ISBN 0300107986