"But tocks"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 8 03:17:01 UTC 2006

Has anyone else noticed the growing tendency to use Forrest Gump's
pronunciation of "buttocks," as well as the tendency to use the word
as though it was spelled "buttox." From today's NYT D6c:

The ... device was placed in her upper buttocks ..."

An accompanying diagram shows that the placement was into only one buttock.

-Wilson
--
Everybody says, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange
complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.

--Sam Clemens