Words from Popular Literature Not in OED

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Wed Nov 8 19:30:51 UTC 2006

Dave Wilton wrote:
> Exactly. I was just trying to think of examples of words that appear in a
> single, recent work of popular literature. You don't find "muggle" outside
> Rowling's books and associated commentary.

The first google-hit from one of my favorite blogs
(http://www.yarnharlot.ca):

"The next day was the Knit out. The Knit Out my friends, is huge.
massive. Many, many knitters and wanna-be knitters and muggles drawn
inexplicably to yarn. (Pre-aware knitters.) Hundreds. The sun shone, the
knitters wandered and it was lovely."

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963