when "intercourse" got funny

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 13 17:15:01 UTC 2006

A well-known principle, notably quoted by John F. Kennedy during the Missile Crisis (when Soviet MiGs scrambled to intercept a U-2 whose mission over Russia had supposedly been canceled due to the possibility that it could trigger WWIII), is "There's always some [doglike individual] who doesn't get the word."     I found this quite by accident at a website [http://www.jeffreymaynard.com/Harrow_County/guestlog2003.htm] for alumni of  Harrow (an all-boys' school, natch) in England:     Quote from article in Gaytonian, December 1953, by George Thorn:   "THE SCHOOL ORGAN   It has been a great joy to us to see that work has at last been begun on the School Organ. For some seventeen years the erection of this Organ has been a dream."   (No, I'm not making this up)

  Huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh. He said, "Gaytonian."

  JL