innovative "nevertheless"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Fri Nov 24 05:39:50 UTC 2006

>a sighting of "nevertheless" used like "not to mention" or "to say
>nothing of", with a request for other cites, and a brief discussion
>of how one might search for such things (with a reference to the
>stanford ALL project):
>
>http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003815.html

In this instance my impression is that "nevertheless" is simply an error
for the 'conjunction' "much less" (which has its own entry in AHD
apparently), or perhaps equivalent "even less".

I would not expect this error to be especially frequent, and I don't see
how one would easily and effectively search for it.

-- Doug Wilson