Again: "fact" = claim; assertion

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 28 22:58:53 UTC 2006

Four young women have been found murdered in Atlantic City. On Court TV this evening, Catherine Crier asked the father of one of the victims what he thought of reports that the women were "fprostitutes."  The father responded by saying,

  "If there is any truth to that fact it has nothing to with my daughter."

  This seems to me to be another example of this usage, whose existence has been questioned here.

  JL