Re; "novel" once again

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 5 20:37:10 UTC 2006

  2006  http://209.184.141.5/McNeil/library/Reading/Entering%20II%20Pre-AP%20Summer%20Reading%202006.pdf. :

  Nonfiction Literature
  Over the course of your summer break, we ask that you read a nonfiction novel concerned with a social issue in anticipation of the upcoming school year...This reading assignment's objective is to expose students to nonfiction material written for
  young adult and college-level readers.
  We suggest choosing _one_ of the following novels as an alternative:
  Nickel and Dimed (Barbara Ehrenreiuch)
  Guns, Germs, and Steel (Jared Diamond)
  ...We suggest you read the novel twice....

  Look for the primary thesis in the beginning of the book; it should be revisited in the novel's concluding chapter.

  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  2006 http://www.aptoshs.net/~gmcbride/bookreviewstandards/index.html :

  Marine Biology Book Reviews

Read a non-fiction novel first semester and write a five-paragraph book review.
    Second semester, read a fiction novel or another non-fiction novel and write a five-paragraph review.

  And that's all for now.  Questions ?

  JL