"so's" (and "Alls I Know Is")

Sat Oct 7 17:32:35 UTC 2006

On Oct 7, 2006, at 9:00 AM, i wrote, about "alls"/"all's":

> i got this story from:
>
> Mark Liberman, "All's I know is ..." 7/24/04:...

add to this non-standard form the equally non-standard "so's" 'so
(that)', presumably from "so as" used this way (entry 29a for "so" in
the OED, marked as now dialectal).  some hits on "so's I can":

COME ON BACK TO ME NOW, HONEY, SO'S I CAN KILL YOU! COME ON BACK TO
ME SO'S WE CAN PLAY ...
www.travisshredd.com/cz/Band/comeonback.htm

use 6 bolts so's i can snug 'em up and gain a little extra strength
in the friction coefficient.
www.sculpture.net/community/archive/index.php/t-982.html

And actually, I need it two weeks in advance so's I can track down
what I'm missing before they sell out.
www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=395

Still hoping to track down the original photos so's I can get a copy.
davesgarden.com/forums/t/651739/

[not in Brians]

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)