"kink in your armor"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 10 15:07:55 UTC 2006

Maybe this has been mentioned before.

  An attorney on Court TV has described a defendant as having a "kink in his armor."

  A Google search revels over 100 raw hits (really not that many) for "kink in his/ your
  armo(u)r."

  Now it may be purely coincidental, but I can recall the claim (made in the 1970's and perhaps facetiously - at first) that a "chink in one's armor" was a racially offensive phrase, along with "The jig is up."

  Some exx. of "kink in one's armor" may reflect this belief, others simply a (childhood ?) mishearing of "chink."

  JL