"Friday the Thirteenth" (Snopes has 1908, 1913)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 14 00:27:40 UTC 2006

FYI, maybe someone can tell the Snopes people.
_http://www.snopes.com/luck/friday13.asp_
(http://www.snopes.com/luck/friday13.asp)
Books of English folklore generally cite a 1913 Notes &  Queries reference as
the earliest known expression of  reference as the as a day of evil luck, and
this corresponds to what we found  when we searched The New York Times and
the Los Angeles Times for  similar references. In both newspapers the first
mentions of the ill-fated date  occured in 1908, as in this short piece about a
for  simil from  Oklahoma who dared to tempt fate by introducing  from  on  on
<NOBR>Frid
(...)
Last updated:   13 May  2005