Austin American-Statesman in Newspaperarchive; Fajita in Kyle

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 18 04:51:13 UTC 2006

Sorry for that "Puck" post. I had it hanging around AOL's "Mail waiting to
be sent" and didn't realize that I'd sent it.
FAJITA:
The "fajita" supposedly was introduced by Sonny Falcon at the Diez Y Seis
celebration here in Kyle, Texas in 1969. I found a nice 1971 article on the
festival in the Hays County Citizen, but nothing on the "fajita."
AUSTIN AMERICAN STATESMAN
Various search results for the "Austin American-Statesman" do show up on
Newspaperarchive now. However, when you press for the image, you find out that
the newspaper is "not available." It's somewhat useful anyway (I can look up
the  actual newspaper in the Austin library). However, there are plenty of years
that  are missing. I ran through a bunch of search terms (fajita, nacho,
margarita,  New York minute, don't mess with Texas, Texas trash, king ranch
casserole, Texas  toast, Texas caviar, corn dog, cowboy cookies, hook 'em horns,
wishbone offense)  and didn't find a useful result for anything!