A positive anymore?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 18 18:48:47 UTC 2006

>Has Benigno lived in other regions as well as New York?  Positive 'anymore'
>is spreading, but it isn't generally in New York State yet, is it?

No.  When he was a fan who used to call in a lot before winning a
competition to become a host, originally overnight and now
10:00a.m.-1:00p.m. ("midday" as opposed to "drive time"), he was "Joe
from Saddle River", that being in northern New Jersey, also not at
all pos. "anymore" country.  I haven't heard anyone else with this
combination of dialect features, but Joe does testify to this spread.

LH