Re: [ADS-L] ~chooldri n

Thu Oct 19 14:12:01 UTC 2006

In a message dated 10/18/06 9:57:28 PM, truespel at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

> The major dialect of Engish in the world  is general American at 73% of
> native speakers. That's the place to start for a standard.  But I should
> assume we are talking "American" here in the ADS>

Do you advocate, then, quite different spelling conventions (more than the
trivial differences that we now see) for the England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland,
Jamaica, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, India, etc.? Or should they all
have to speak Merkin? It seems to me that this would make English a MUCH more
DIFFICULT language to learn as a 2nd language.