Joke on Liverpudlian speechways

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 25 14:12:59 UTC 2006

I found this elsewhere.

  It's a riot.

  The following joke was recounted recently on Greater Manchester Radio (GMR)

Two Liverpudlian young offenders are sharing a cell in Borstal. One is laboriously writing a letter. He looks up and says "Ay ! Ay ! How do you spell 'Daryl' ?"

'What you wanna know for ?" says his cell mate. "We don't know any c*** in 'ere called Daryl."

The first one says, "'Cause I want me mam to send us a pair of jeans Daryl fit me."

"You daft wassock!", says the second. "It's not, 'Daryl' fit me. It's 'Worral'."

  Ah, those Brits. What they do with our language !

  JL