"the religious rite"

Thu Oct 26 15:19:53 UTC 2006

arnold notes:

a student passed the following on to me, written by a (gay) friend of
his:

... well I get enough [flak] from the religious rite already about
not being able to orientate myself correctly...

this looks distinctly eggcornish -- taking the expression to refer to
religious folks who participate in rites.  though it could be
wretched spelling.
<<<

And adds later

[...]
so, for this one person at least, it does seem to be an eggcorn.
<<<

As opposed to the eggcorn "right of passage".

m a m