"on the same page" / "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

Wells Darla L dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Sun Oct 29 23:42:04 UTC 2006

I know for a fact that we were using it at Fort Hood in the 522nd CIWI (I
think I spelled it right) Battalion in the 2nd Armored Division in 1976-7ish.
Darla Wells

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:15:32 -0500, Sam Clements wrote
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Sam Clements <SClements at NEO.RR.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "on the same page" / "If I tell you, I'll have to
> kill you."

--But words came halting forth, wanting Inventions stay;
Invention, Natures childe, fledde step-dame Studies blowes;
And others feet still seemde but strangers in my way.
Thus, great with childe to speak, and helplesse in my throwes,
Biting my trewand pen, beating myselfe for spite,
Fool, said my Muse to me, looke in thy heart, and write . (Sidney)