cooking roadkill for tea

Sally Donlon sod at LOUISIANA.EDU
Mon Oct 30 13:30:34 UTC 2006

I think it depends on one's particular cultural heritage and in the
American South, of course, we lean quite heavily to the Scots/Irish.

My family often spoke of having "tea," especially if we ate "dinner"
before 8 p.m., which was the general rule in my house. In fact, we
always had "tea" instead if we had an early engagement that required
us to eat something at around 4-5 p.m. to hold us over through the
big event. Then, we'd "graze" when we got home.

And, if forced to choose between the "early bird special" or "tea,"
I'd probably still lean toward "tea."

Sally O. Donlon