New meanings for pornography?

Mon Oct 30 16:46:53 UTC 2006

In a message dated 10/30/06 11:31:59 AM, db.list at PMPKN.NET writes:

> I am not an expert on this (and, in a perhaps regrettable TLA for this
> context, IANAL), but i've read that the clear demarcation line between
> hard-core and soft-core, at least in the context of broadcast media, is
> the "three Es", where any of them makes it instantly hard-core:
> Erection, Ejaculation, and Entrance (of the penis into any orifice).
> Erection might be expected to trump the rest, since it would usually be
> necessary for the others to happen, but that isn't strictly true.

There are many pornographic films with none of these three features, e.g.,
the lesbian fantasy films. Also, male masturbation films have no "entrance"
(unless one counts LA MANO). Both of these genres can be pornographic by my
standard, which is, to paraphrase a certain Supreme Court Justice concerning
obscenity, not easy to define but I know it if I see it (the way that some people
feel about "mistaken" pronunciations of HORSE and HOARSE, I guess).

What do TLA and (ahem) IANAL mean?