Re: [ADS-L] all of the sudden, one at the time, still in the bed

Thu Sep 7 13:20:06 UTC 2006

Your arguments are pretty compelling. It could well be that I simply assumed
that the seemingly unfamiliar constructions were regional rather than simply
variable and mostly (apparently) below the level of consciousness. It is also
possible that the "a" variable is historically dominant and that there is some
kind of change that has taken place in the last 40 years in which the "the"
variable gathers strength. This would take a lot more reasearch than I have time
to do right now, but in any case it is an interesting variable and worth
spending some time on.