Invariant innit, isn ´t it

Matthew Gordon gordonmj at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Sep 7 17:35:17 UTC 2006

We discussed this on ADS-L in Sept. of 2003:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A1=ind0309b&L=ads-l&D=0&H=1#36
The discussion started under the subject line "Mamet".

In that discussion someone included an observation I wanted to make here
which is that I associate 'innit' in the US with American Indian speech
thanks in part to Sherman Alexie.