Doing badly what should not be attempted?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Sep 11 20:09:28 UTC 2006

Doesn't make it wrong, either.  Google hits for the full quotation
with "hinder", about 37.  With "hind", about 91.  How many of the
latter are due to an editor's having modernized usage?  And
samueljohnson.com has both--apparently the same j(ack) lynch whose
name is attached to the Rutgers page with "hinder".

I was just pointing out a difference of opinion; I don't know what
the authorized version is.  (And it's irrelevant to my needs.)

Joel